It’s the end of another week and here is your weekly wrap-up. Growth hacks, content formulas, and of course bite-sized news. Let’s get into it.
Shopping ads, comes to TikTok
TikTok’s new ad service offers three formats:
- Video shopping ads let you place one or more products in your in-feed ads.
- Catalog Listing ads help you promote at scale without using videos and across placements like Recommend products and Shoppable Products.
- Live shopping ads enable you to direct users from the For You page to your live shopping event. This is still being tested.
How something like catalog listings will work on the video-dominated platform, we’ll just have to wait and see.
Pinterest launched hosted checkouts
Oh, another shopping update. If you’re in eCommerce this is important news. If you run a Shopify store Pinterest launched hosted checkouts which will reduce the steps from “I want this” to “Thanks for your order.”
Right now, only available in the US but really, it’s only a matter of time before it rolls out across the platform.
YouTube Followers are worth more
Interesting results are coming out about the value of engagement on various platforms. It turns out that YouTube Followers, Likes & Comments are worth up to 10x more than other platforms.
YouTube channel subscribers are more community-driven, something that short-form platforms seem to have lost over recent years.
If you aren’t exploring YouTube consider repurposing some of your TikToks and Reels on to YouTube Shorts as a way of getting your foot in the door.
Bit Sized News
- Twitter has updated its Pixel. The platform can now track “add to cart” along with other metrics.
- Personalisation matters. According to Elastic research, 84% prefer a personalised user experience. 88% say they’re more likely to continue shopping if a website provides this service.
- Have you heard of IndexNow? It’s an opensource protocol that helps published push content to search engines. It now accounts for 7% of all new URL clicks on Bing.
Not a pro member? Join 300+ business owners and marketers just like you. Try it out today
As always, if you have any questions, just hit reply.
Till next time,