Call-backs are now an option along with stories and captions getting a big increase. It’s time for the important things that happened in digital marketing this week.
Call-backs are in
Customers can now request a call back from your business when they click on a Facebook Call ad.
If you’ve never used the Call ad type before, when a customer clicks on the ad they automatically call your business. Now there’s a new option allowing them to request a call back.
Meta has also announced new optimisations and integrations for Call Ads:
- Call ads in sales objectives. You can now count call conversions.
- Call ads can target people that engage in longer conversations.
- A pre-call business feature that allows you to educate customers before they call with info about your business.
- In-app calling so you don’t have to leave the app.
Why we care: If your business relies on getting people on the phone, imagine how many leads get lost because of unanswered phone calls. This could potentially fix that problem.
Stories and Captions got Longer
Big news coming out of TikTok with captions being increased to 2,200 characters. TikTok thinks more characters will help increase engagement “while becoming more searchable and better recommended to viewers.”
Instagram not to be out done is increasing its Stories length from 15 seconds to 60 seconds, to provide a smoother experience. That includes story ads as well.
Why we care: A better user experience makes stories more powerful for promotion and longer video descriptions will help you pick up some of this TikTok search traffic. Both updates are important and can be used to your advantage.
Bit Sized News
- Meet “notes”. Instagram is testing a new feature that allows you to leave short 24-hour text messages for close friends or followers users have followed back.
- Has your TikTok following plummet recently? That’s because TikTok has increased its efforts to remove fake accounts by 61%. Their removal rate has increased by 2000% in the past 12 months. I can only be a good thing.
- Soon TikTok users will be able to downvote comments to help TikTok find “irrelevant” and “inappropriate” comments. With any luck this will mean less spam in the comments.
As always, if you have any questions, just hit reply.
Till next time,