Many small businesses are running early Black Friday sales so they don’t have to compete with the big players.
Big news in the Ad world with three big announcements.
Google is saying goodbye to similar audiences. The platform will stop generating these segments in May 2023. It’s being replaced by more powerful and durable automated solutions. Google is preparing for a cookieless future.
Microsoft has announced 12 new ad product updates. Here are the most essential ones.
- Credit card ads are now available globally.
- Set up conversion tracking without code.
- Audience Ads management in Microsoft Editor
- Expanded manual bidding options
Lastly, we have Meta, which is expanding its “professional mode”. The features used by creators to monetize their followings is now available to all users on the platform. Is this a last-ditch effort to pull users back to the platform?
Why we care: Keeping up with ad product changes allows us to use all the tools at our disposal to generate results.
Snap, the silent killer
Snapchat has quietly grown its user base by 18% in the last year and is now reaching more than 600m people. Just in North America 99m people are on Snapchat every day. 90% of Gen Zers and 75% of all 13-34 year olds in the U.S are on Snapchat now and to make that even sweeter, many of them aren’t on any other platform.
Why we care: No.1 rule of marketing is to go where the attention is. Snap has the attention but it’s managed to stay out of the media spotlight.
Bite Sized News
- Ad prices on Meta, Amazon, and Google are taking a hit, according to data compiled by Insider.
- Online shopping is getting big on Snapchat. The app announced a new integration with BigCommerce.
- Would you pay $8 per month to be verified on Twitter, along with some other features?
- Thrifting is becoming increasingly popular among higher-income shoppers. The second-hand market is expected to grow by 80% in the next 5 years. That’s twice as fast as the regular market.
Not a pro member? Join 400+ business builders just like you. Try it out today
As always, if you have any questions, just hit reply.
Till next time,